- Middlesbrough have lost only once in their last 11 home Premier League games against Spurs (1-2 in April 2007).
- Tottenham have won 22 of their last 24 Premier League games (D2) against newly promoted sides since losing 1-0 to QPR in April 2012.
- Middlesbrough have scored more Premier League goals against Tottenham than they have against any other side (37 in 28 meetings).
- Indeed, Middlesbrough have beaten Tottenham nine times in the Premier League – only against Man City have they picked up more victories (11, also nine against West Ham).
- This will be Middlesbrough’s 250th Premier League game at the Riverside Stadium (W98 D74 L77 so far).
- Since the start of 2014-15, Harry Kane has missed just four Premier League games for Tottenham Hotspur, with Spurs failing to win any of them and scoring just twice (D1 L3).
- Middlesbrough haven’t failed to win any of their opening three home Premier League fixtures of a season since 2000-01, when they were winless in their first eight at the Riverside.
- Spurs have only remained unbeaten in their opening six Premier League games of a season on one previous occasion – in 2004-05.