- Jurgen Klopp hasn’t won any of his three previous Premier League games against Southampton (D2 L1). Liverpool had won their previous three v Saints prior to his arrival.
- Southampton have won just one of their last five visits to Anfield in the Premier League (D1 L3), 1-0 in September 2013 with a goal from current Liverpool player Dejan Lovren.
- Liverpool are yet to score against Southampton in three games this season – drawing 0-0 in the Premier League in November and losing both League Cup semi-final legs 1-0.
- Jurgen Klopp now has an identical record to Brendan Rodgers in his first 65 Premier League games in charge of Liverpool: W33 D18 L14, winning 117 points.
- Since Klopp first took charge of Liverpool in October 2015, there have been 208 goals scored in Premier League games involving the Reds – more than any other side.
- Daniel Sturridge has played just 1316 minutes of Premier League football since Jurgen Klopp took over as Liverpool manager – just 22% of the possible minutes during this time and less than 17 other Liverpool players.
- Even if Southampton win their remaining five Premier League matches this season, they’ll still fall under their league points tally in 2015-16 (63) and 2014-15 (60) and would only be able to equal their tally in 2013-14 (56).
- Divock Origi has appeared in 40 different competitive games for Liverpool so far in 2016-17; more than any other player in the squad. Over half of these (21) have come as a substitute, however.
- Manolo Gabbiadini scored four goals in his first three Premier League appearances (248 mins), but since then he’s failed to score and attempted just one shot on target in 237 Premier League minutes (four apps).
- Seven of Southampton’s 11 Premier League wins in 2016-17 have come on a Sunday. In fact, only Manchester United (8) and Tottenham (8) have won more games played on a Sunday in the Premier League this season than Claude Puel’s side.